2012-2013 MSC U9-U10 Academy
U9-U10 Academy Guidelines
• Sessions run approx. from August 1-November 30 and February 1-May 31.
• Winter practice or play can be done on a separate “as wanted” and “pay-to-play basis”.
• U9’s, being a part of TSSA, must register for the full year, which includes both fall and spring sessions.
• U9’s play parity all year except in May, where teams can be broken out into A/B
• U10’s will play parity through September, then may be broken out into appropriate skill-based groups as determined by the Academy Director. Winter play should be as much parity as possible with focus on training and technical skills.
• All friendlies should be played with equal playing time for players and with approximately 8-10 players per squad.
• Cost = $50-$60 per month from August-November and February-May (8 months)
• There should be 1 coach per max of 15 players (or qualified volunteers could take place of a second coach)
• All paid coaches should hold at least an “E” license, and qualified volunteers coaches must hold at minimum a youth module certificate.
• Fundraising or sponsorships will be allowed. Approval of sponsors will need to be obtained from the Select Committee.
• U9’s and U10’s will be allowed two practices per week during the outdoor sessions All players will practice together and be broken into groups for enrichment and enhancement of skills.
Printable U9-U10 Academy Documentation: Click Here
|12/20||D1/D2 State League Applications Due|
|12/31||Early Bird Discount Ends|
|1/2||Winter Finishing Camp|
|1/3||Winter Finishing Camp|